Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Life in a shack

(This is a composition from a shack dweller who is hopeful to change his life& make today a brighter day)

Eloquence of poverty
Comes as nothing but charity
Subsisting but empathy
All that persists is apathy
Conjuring the dreams
Surmising what seems (real)

All in the lonely road
Swifting down the green meadows
Sinuous like the river
Which flows
Through caves & caverns deep
Through all the emotional heap

Like the wind in the wings
Or the cloud which sings
Floating with the summer rain
Turning inside out as some sane

Midnight is the time
When trees chime
To cover the barren backs
Sheltering the faceless shacks
Of dark & despair
Of hurt & hope
Still silent in the dark
Waiting for a spark

Hoping for a new day
Cherishing a bright ray
Of living a better life
Of making it fine by the night
I start my day again
In the city which lives
From my shack to the top of rain

Again will I hunt
For my life and every stunt
That makes me
Will put up the struggle
Its in my pedigree
Striving again
Just success
Is what I wanna be.

3 comments:

shanux said...

actually I have lost my dictionary [:(]

Tushar Seth said...

amazing... hail gem..

Anonymous said...

vinod Advani said : you are a major talent. I love the rhythm of your poems. Keep it up.